PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SALE CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS WITH YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
1. Format of the Contract
1.a These terms of sale apply to all goods supplied by D+P Multimedia Products Ltd. (known as “the supplier”) whose registered office is at Unit 1 Terenure Business Park, Terenure Village, Dublin 6W, Ireland. Company registration number 367909 and supplied to any business entity (known as ” the customer”) We do not offer an online selling service to consumers and are not a retail store.
1.b No contract exists between you and the Supplier for the sale of any goods until the Supplier has received your order, payment in full (in cleared funds) and has emailed you an invoice for the order. Once the Supplier does so, there is a binding legal contract between us.
1.c The contract is subject to your right of cancellation (see below).
1.d The Supplier may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
2. Description and price of the goods
2.a The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on the Supplier’s website at the time you place your order. Errors and Omissions are Excluded.
2.b The goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible and refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
2.c Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the Supplier’s website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling your order. If the Supplier does not receive an order confirmation within 14 days of informing you of the error, the order will be cancelled automatically. If you cancel the order, or if the order is cancelled automatically due to the expiry of the 14 day period, the Supplier will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
2.d In addition to the price, you will be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods.
3.a Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the Supplier’s website at the time you place your order. Payment shall be due in full at time of placing order and shall be a fundamental term of this agreement, breach of which shall entitle the Supplier to terminate the contract immediately.
3.b There will be no delivery until cleared funds are received.
3.c Payments shall be made by you without any deduction whatsoever unless you have a valid court order requiring an amount equal to such deduction to be paid by the Supplier to you.
4.a The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order where physically possible.
4.b Orders placed before 12.30pm on a working day will be processed that day and will be delivered ( if all the items are in stock) as per the requested delivery option provided no additional security checks are required and all stock items are available. (A working day is any day other than weekends and bank or other public holidays.)
4.c If delivery cannot be made to your address for reasons under the Supplier’s control the suppliers courier service normally leave a note of attempted delivery however if the customer does not receive the delivery from the supplier within 24hours of placing the order then it is advised that the customer contact the supplier to enquire about same.
4.d If you deliberately fail to take delivery of the goods (otherwise than by reason of circumstances under control of the Supplier) then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Supplier, the Supplier may:
4.d.a Store the goods until actual delivery and charge you for reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage or
4.d.b sell the goods at the best readily obtainable price and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to you for any excess over the price you agreed to pay for the goods or charge you for any shortfall below the price you agreed to pay for the goods.
4.e All orders placed on this website are deemed to be business-to-business and as such not covered by consumer distance selling laws. There is no automatic 30 day cooling off period and any item ordered can only be returned for credit by prior agreement with the supplier.
4.f Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. However, the Supplier will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible.
4.g Upon receipt of your order you will be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as “UNCHECKED”. Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter.
5.a The goods are at your risk from the time of receipt of delivery.
5.b Ownership of the goods shall not pass to the customer until the Supplier has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of:
5.b.a the goods, and
5.b.b all other sums which are or which become due to the Supplier from you on any account.
5.c The Supplier shall be entitled to recover payment for the goods even though ownership of any of the goods has not passed from the Supplier.
5.d You are a business customer until ownership of the goods has passed to you, you must:
5.d.1 store the goods (at no cost to the Supplier) separately from all your other goods and goods of any third party in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as the Supplier’s property;
5.d.2 not destroy, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the goods; maintain the goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured on the Supplier’s behalf for their full price against all risks to the reasonable satisfaction of the Supplier. On request you shall produce the policy of insurance to the Supplier; and
5.d.3 hold the proceeds of the insurance referred to in condition 6.a.b on trust for the Supplier and not mix them with any other money, nor pay the proceeds into an overdrawn bank account.
6.a You are a business customer your right to possession of the goods shall terminate immediately if:
6.b.1 you have a bankruptcy order made against you or make an arrangement or composition with your creditors, or otherwise take the benefit of any statutory provision for the time being in force for the relief of insolvent debtors, or (being a body corporate) convene a meeting of creditors (whether formal or informal), or enter into liquidation (whether voluntary or compulsory) except a solvent voluntary liquidation for the purpose only of reconstruction or amalgamation, or have a receiver and/or manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed of its undertaking or any part thereof, or a resolution is passed or a petition presented to any court for your winding up or for the grant-ing of an administration order in respect of you, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency; or
6.b.2 you suffer or allow any execution, whether legal or equitable, to be levied on your property or obtained against you or you are unable to pay your debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or you cease to trade; or
6.b.3 you encumber or in any way charge any of the goods.
7. Your right of cancellation
7.a You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to the end of 7 working days after you receive the goods provided the goods ordered are normal stocked products and not a special order or customised goods. Goods must be in original packaging and unopened. There will be a restocking charge for all pre-agreed cancelled orders of 25% of the original value.
7.b To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give written notice to the Supplier by hand or post, giving details of the goods ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery. Notification by phone is not sufficient.
7.c Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the goods to the Supplier at your own cost. The goods must be returned to the address given. You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit. In the case of faulty or misdescribed goods we shall, after receiving notification in accordance with clause 8.c or 8.d, the supplier will ask you to return the goods yourself. You MUST get an RMA number ( returns material authorisation) from the supplier before you return any goods.
7.d Once you have notified the Supplier that you are cancelling the contract, the Supplier will refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods less any restocking charge or otherwise applicable.
7.e Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you do not return the goods as required, the Supplier may charge you a sum not exceeding the direct costs of recovering the goods.
7.f You do not have the right to cancel the contract if the order is for computer software which has been unsealed by you, or for consumable goods ( ie: blank cds/dvds/tapes or memory products) which, by their nature, cannot be returned, save where a fault is discovered which could not have been discovered otherwise than by unsealing the goods.
Please make sure you fully understand the return requirements above, if conditions are not met, we reserve the right to refuse the return of items or to charge a re-stocking fee of 25%.
8.a All goods supplied by the Supplier are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
8.b This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by the Supplier, failure to follow the Supplier’s instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the Supplier’s approval.
8.c If the goods supplied to you arrive damaged, you should notify the Supplier within 24 hours and in writing within 14 days.
8.d If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under warranty or you have any other complaint about the goods, you should notify the Supplier in writing, as soon as possible, but in any event within 14 days of the date you discovered or ought to have discovered the damage, defect or complaint.
9. Limitation of LiabilityThe Supplier shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage in circumstances where: You are a business customer the Supplier shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with this agreement.
10. Data ProtectionThe Supplier will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure but unless the Supplier is negligent, the Supplier will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
11. ImagesProduct images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
12. PrivacyD+P Multimedia Products Ltd. “D+P Multimedia Products Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy” This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our websites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the European Data Protection Regulations (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and, the data controller is D+P Multimedia Products Ltd. t/a Camerakit (‘we’ or ‘us’). This Privacy Statement explains how we process your information and your rights under both DPA and GDPR. Information we may collect from you We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
- Information we collect about you.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- Information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information to contact you and manage your account with us, as well as marketing communication if you have opted to receive this.
- Information we receive from other sources such as product suppliers or manufacturers. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you, including without limitation any data processor we engage.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed; d) accurate and where necessary kept up to date; e) kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. We operate a data retention policy that ensures we meet this obligation. We only retain personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and for a reasonable period thereafter where there is a legitimate business need or legal obligation to do so. For details of our current retention policy contact our privacy officer Here f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- a) implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures including internal data protection policies, staff training, internal audits of processing activities, and reviews of internal HR policies.
- b) maintaining relevant documentation on processing activities.
- c) implementing measures that meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default including data minimisation, pseudonymisation, transparency, deploying the most up-to-date data security protocols and using data protection impact assessments across our organisation and in any third party arrangements.
- The right to be informed about how we use personal data. This Privacy Statement explains who we are; the purposes for which we process personal data and our legitimate interests in so doing; the categories of data we process; third party disclosures; and details of any transfers of personal data outside the Ireland.
- The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and must be provided within one month of receipt.
- The right to rectification where data are inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request.
- The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where we have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
- The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirement to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics, unless this is for necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
14. Trade Marks & LogosAll Trade Marks & Logos used belong to their respective owners, and we will comply, acknowledge and respect the owner’s wishes as and when requested.
All contents in this web site including text, images, designs, graphics, logos is the property of the Supplier and is protected by Irish and International copyright laws. You may not use, copy and/or extract any part or parts of this web site for your own use without the express written consent of the Supplier
These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to Irish law and the Irish courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract, save that consumers resident in Northern Ireland shall have the right to insist upon these terms being construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and to submit to the jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts.
16. Credit Card Security
We use 100% secure 128 bit encrypted SSL secure server and 1234connect secure servers collect all credit card/debit card information. We do not keep a record of your card details and we have never come across even one case of credit card fraud using our shopping system.
Currency: all prices are displayed in EURO and STERLING. The base currency used is EURO and the total amount of the sale will be charged in EURO at the listed price.
The sterling amount is for illustrative purpose only so if you are paying with a sterling credit or debit card the amount debited to your card will be in EURO as listed and converted by your card company to sterling at whatever their rate is on the day.
17. WEEE take back & Recycling
D+P Multimedia Products Ltd. is committed to meeting the requirements of the European Union (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations 2014. These Regulations require producers of electrical and electronic equipment to finance the takeback, for reuse or recycling, of WEEE resulting from products that we placed on the Irish market. In line with that commitment D+P Multimedia Products Ltd. will take back WEEE from you.
For product that we placed on the market after August 13th, 2005 you do not need to make a new purchase from us to avail of the offer. However, for product that was placed on the market before August 13th, 2005 we are only obliged take it back when you make a purchase from us of a similar type of product.
If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling. We can take away your old appliance on delivery as long as it’s disconnected or you can bring it into any of our stores. We DO NOT charge for this service.
Please ensure that all personal data held on old appliances is removed before being sent for recycling.
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and waste batteries must never be placed in your waste disposal or recycling bins. There is a bin for small batteries in our store.
It’s very simple. At www.dandpproducts.ie, when you place an order, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access.
We guarantee that we will never:
– Pass on your financial details.
– Pass on any personal information gathered when you place an order. Sell or rent your details. Exploit your details in any way.
d +p do not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
19. Returns PolicyPlease read the following tabs before purchasing products from us. If you have to return any item the following procedures must be followed:
If you need to return any item, you will need to get a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number from us. We will only accept returns packaged properly and clearly labelled with a valid RMA number on the outside of the packaging. RMA numbers relate to specific products so please do not send other items not covered by the RMA Any returned packages received over 14 days after the RMA issued date or not clearly showing the RMA number on the outside of the package will be refused.
You should inspect all goods for damage on receipt of same. If the package looks as if it has been damaged or tampered with please refuse the delivery and mark the courier’s sheet accordingly. Contact us immediately to report the damage on 00 3531 4924374 or by email. We cannot be held responsible for damages reported after 24 hours of receipt. We will replace all damaged goods reported within 24 hours at no extra cost to you immediately.
DVD/CD Discs Returns
Most problems with blank discs are usually due to hardware compatibility/firmware updates/disc speed variance and format compatibility and not the actual discs. Please be aware of these potential incompatibility problems when purchasing media. It can be prudent to try out different types to find the most suitable for your drive. If you encounter any problems with blank Cdr or DVD discs that we have sold you please stop using the discs immediately and contact us. If you continue to use the discs and have more failures, we are not liable for the burnt ones. If you return unused discs for credit, we will credit you in full if the discs are returned within 30 days of purchase and they are in original condition: i.e. no fingerprints, scratches or dirt. If discs are returned in a condition, which renders them, unsaleable they will be returned to you. All returned discs must be securely packed and in original condition.
We recommend that you insure the returned goods and use a courier that provides proof of delivery- we will not be liable for items lost in transit to us.
Any hardware supplied by us is under warranty for 1 year back – to – base under certain conditions: You return the item with a valid RMA number to us. We will repair the item as quickly as possible and return it to you. For repairs carried out not covered by warranty, we will let you know the cost of repair before we carry it out. We do not cover free replacement equipment during repair times under any circumstances. We do not visit site for installation or repair. Any returned hardware found to have modified or “flashed” firmware will not be accepted and will be returned to you immediately. All hardware/printing equipment carry maximum usage numbers per annum for the purpose of warranty. If the maximum numbers have been exceeded this will render the item out of warranty
20. Fraud protection policy
Credit card fraud is becoming a serious problem and for this reason all orders are subject to D+P’s verification procedure.If you place an order online and choose to pay by credit or debit card you may be asked to verify that you are the cardholder or that the order information is legitimate. This may include a request for a copy of your credit card (front and back), household bill or other form of identification which can be sent to us by fax or email.Should your order be subject to verification you will be notified by telephone or email. (For this reason it is imperative that you provide us with both your current daytime and evening telephone numbers, including country and city codes).We reserve the right to refuse an order when the address or credit card is not verifiable. In this event a refund will be issued via the same method used to make your payment. We apologise for any inconvenience this process may cause.
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED
Reaching Us If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the store page, or alternatively:
Phone: 00 353 1 4924374
Fax: 00 353 1 4924372
Write: D+P Multimedia Products Ltd Unit 1 Terenure Business Park Terenure Village Dublin 6W D6W FY00